Spring Season: April - mid-June 2021
Registration is by invitation only. Click below to learn more.
This Week’s Episode:
On this week’s episode, we’re looking at our year in review and taking a sneak peek at the year ahead. You will just hear my voice on this episode. Every year, I spend time reviewing my goals from the prior year. I believe it’s critical to reflect before you look forward.
A lot of wonderful things happened in 2017, yet it was a really hard year. You will hear what my goals, wins, and challenges were. I also share the themes and aspects of my life and business that I am considering when looking at my goals for 2018.
- [05:30] – “Moving” was not on my list of goals for 2017. This one thing was the most challenging thing of the year.
- [07:20] – I start the year by identifying overarching themes. In 2017, I identified joy, music, gratitude, and balance as my themes for the year.
- [08:02] – In January, I made the decision to decrease the number of hours I was putting into my work. I explain how our move changed this strategy.
- [10:45] – Around April or May, I realized I was falling into a scarcity mindset. Upon recognizing that, I made a conscious effort to have an abundance mindset.
- [13:33] – I had a category of things I wanted to learn. This included becoming a better writer, learning LinkedIn, and learning organizational strategies around things and stuff.
- [17:28] – One of my goals was to launch a new website. This was a big goal that took longer than I wanted it to, but it was a successful launch!
- [19:13] – Another of my goals was to hire a Virtual Assistant. That was a success with Jessica.
- [20:05] – I had a goal of maintaining six clients for my clinical practice. During this calendar year, I closed my practice. I see this as a shift based on life circumstances.
- [21:10] – My #1 podcast goal was to interview Brene Brown. This did not happen, and I share my feelings on that.
- [22:12] – I wanted to hit ONE MILLION downloads in this calendar year. That goal was met!
- [22:57] – I share some other goals I had for the podcast.
- [26:10] – When looking at specific goals, I did not hit most of them. This serves as a reminder that goal-setting is to provide direction.
- [27:03] – I share my goals on speaking. I did not do anything in this category, and I blame our move.
- [27:30] – I did hit my financial goals for this year.
- [28:05] – I share my goals for coaching groups, which I did hit.
- [31:40] – I talk about my Patreon goals for 2017.
- [32:30] – Our Facebook community has been a real challenge for me. I share why this is a challenge and describe my solution to this problem.
- [35:18] – I share a lesson I learned from moving.
- [37:05] – The best decision I made in 2017 was to say, “no.”
- [38:31] – I talk about the importance of friendship.
- [39:37] – The theme of “play” is something I need to bring back into my life.
- [40:57] – Tomorrow, I will be taking a day to focus on annual planning. I share some of the themes I may be focusing on in 2018.