Join the ADHD reWired Podcast Family every second Tuesday of the month for a Live Q&A! Listen in on today’s episode as the ADHD reWired panelists answer your ADHD-related questions! In this episode, we cover topics like dealing with shame and guilt, feedback from employers, partnerships, pet-care, mind-wandering, and more! (Recorded on October 12th / 2021)
- [00:03:06] – How do you deal with feedback from bosses that you don’t want to disclose your ADHD to?
- [00:17:15] – As the neurotypical partner in the relationship, what is it that I can do best to help my ADHD partner feel productive and useful being a stay-at-home dad?
- [00:31:22] – Being on antidepressants for over 10 years, and finally finding out about my anxiety and depression being a result of undiagnosed ADHD, being 51 and female, does anyone have the experience of getting off SSRI’s and learning to feel out what “normal” is?
- [00:35:09] – Being fairly new to the ADHD journey, I feel that my biggest issue is with mind-wandering. Does the panel have any experience or advice regarding mind-wandering?
- [00:43:38] – Do you have any tips on how to care for pets, especially cats, with ADHD? I keep forgetting to do things that they really need me to do.
- [00:53:51] – Do you have suggestions for working through shame and disappointment?
- [01:01:00] – New to the diagnosis, the meds help with energy and focus, but when my ADHD kids meltdown, it sends my anxiety through the ceiling. Any suggestions?
- [01:02:19] – How do I get my wife to understand that ADHD is real, and that she must embrace this in order to support me?
- [01:03:29] – I am 70 and finally have gotten the ADHD diagnosis. The shame I am filled with is remembering how my parents treated me as a child. My family has now put me to the side […] but…
- [01:04:37] – ADHD reWired’s King of Dad-Jokes gives us a Moment of Dad…
Check out the Other Podcasts on the ADHD reWired Podcast Network:
- adhdessentials.com with Brendan Mahan
- hackingyouradhd.com with Will Curb
- adhddiversified.ca with MJ Siemens
- adhdfriendlylifestyle.com with Moira Maybin
- coming soon – Wait, What Was the Question? with Will Curb and Coach Roxie Martin. Reach out to Will and Roxie at [email protected]
Don’t Forget These, Too:
- adhdrewired.com/patreon — Support the show by becoming a Patron!
- coachingrewired.com — Get your name on the waitlist to join the fall season of ADHD reWired’s Coaching and Accountability Groups
- adultstudyhall.com — Join your ADHD-friendly co-working space!
- adhdrewired.com/events — Join Eric, Brendan, Will, MJ, Moira, Roxie, and Barb for an hour of Live Q&A on Zoom, every 2nd Tuesday of the month at 12:30pm Central (10:30am Pacific / 1:30pm Eastern)