In this episode, Eric is joined by Pasha Marlowe who was diagnosed with ADHD at 49. She is a family therapist, therapeutic comedy coach, ADHD coach, podcast host and author. She artfully blends her unique life experience with her life’s work in healing through psychotherapy, embodied emotions, holistic wellness, life-coaching, ADHD coaching, CBT coaching, theatre, and comedy.
Pasha’s podcast, “Let Pleasure be the Measure” is a playground of conversations about the importance of incorporating pleasure, play, and humor into your personal work, home, and sex life. Pasha also published a book in 2021 called, “My Next Husband Will be a Lesbian.”
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- What did it feel like to be in a place that felt so helpless and challenging to be able to bring humor into a dark space?
- What is therapeutic comedy?
- “…folks with ADHD have the ability to think creatively, potentially think outside the box, gain new perspectives, see things from a different angle – which, in this case is really a beautiful gift… I feel like… creativity is a way to manage our ADHD stress.” – Pasha Marlowe
- Because there is so much value in using humor, where is the line between when you call someone out for acting like the clown and avoiding versus actually dealing with and recognizing that it is a healthy tool?
- “Let Pleasure be the Measure” – Where did this podcast idea come from?
- “Play is the opposite of perfection.” – Pasha Marlowe
- What is, “My Next Husband Will be a Lesbian” all about?
Follow & Connect with Pasha:
- Instagram: pasha marlowe | roar! @pashamarlowe
- Youtube: pasha marlowe
- Facebook: Pasha Marlowe, CEO – Home