In this episode, Eric and MJ have an unmedicated dialogue about the messiness of personal growth, the work it took to rewrite the stories she held about her self-worth, and how happy she was to have been proven wrong about the stories she’s told herself since completing a season of ADHD reWired’s Coaching & Accountability Groups in the summer of 2020. They continue the conversation about the work they’ve put in to achieve their goals, how heartwarming it is to witness others learn to love and accept themselves, and that no one with ADHD ever has to go on their growth journey alone.
The final registration event for the 27th season of Coaching & Accountability Groups is on Thursday, December 9th! There are only a few spots left in Eric’s groups (Sections 3 and 4). Moira and Roxie’s groups are now full. Register for our final event by going to https://coachingrewired.com to add your name to our winter interest list!
MJ is a Canadian-born Asian who was diagnosed with ADHD in 2019, living in Canada with her ADHD partner. Since completing her own season in season of ADHD reWired’s Coaching & Accountability Groups in Season 21, she created and hosts the ADHD Diversified Podcast and is a returning peer-mentor for the Coaching & Accountability Groups. Behind the scenes, MJ continues to advocate for mental health and ADHD awareness in the Asian community.
What you’ll hear about in this episode:
- “When you first started with being a member of the coaching groups, do you think you realized how hard you were on yourself?” – Eric
- What is the importance of better and more accurate language to describe our feelings and our emotions?
- “It’s still hard to believe that the good stuff is true even though there’s clear evidence that there’s a difference being made .” – MJ
- Compassionate ass-kicking & meeting ourselves where we’re at…
- “Real growth isn’t about fast-tracking.” – MJ
- Why is joining the Coaching & Accountability groups with an open mind so important?
- The stories we’ve told ourselves may have been true in the past, but they don’t have to be true right now.
- “I think if I would’ve stayed stuck… thinking that my mentality was right, I would not be where I am right now.” – MJ
- You don’t have to be an entrepreneur to have an entrepreneurial mindset.
- “I do not know it all and I absolutely don’t do it all perfectly.” – Eric
- Atlas of the Heart – Brené Brown
- Nonviolent Communication: A Language of Life by Marshall B. Rosenberg