It’s a Blast-from-the-Past episode! From the archives, ADHD reWired rebroadcasts Episode 8 where Eric shares 13 tips to increase motivation!
1. Visualize what the reward is. Then put that picture in it place that you will see it frequently, and ideally in the place where you were likely to need that reminder
2. Use a star chart. Yes the show is primarily geared towards adults, and using a star chart is effective. We like infographics, we like to see the progress we are making on something.
3. Use small short-term rewards
4. Reward progress 5. Surround yourself with affirming people.
7. Share it with someone
8. Create systems so you are less reliant on executive functioning.
9. Do what you love.
10. Do what you hate first
11. Talk to a doctor about medication.
12. Find a supportive accountability group
13. Learn more about ADHD.