Join the ADHD reWired Podcast Family & more of the ADHD reWired Team every second Tuesday of the month for the monthly Live Q&A! In this Q&A episode, you’ll hear Eric, Brendan, Will, MJ, Moira, and Kat answer your ADHD-related questions!
Questions & Topics in this Episode:
(The following questions have been paraphrased.)
- What are some ADHD-friendly organizing resources when preparing to relocate?
- Emotions can be really big and dysregulated with ADHD. Do you have advice on dealing with surprise disappointments that come up?
- My dad loses his temper a lot and it’s very difficult to talk to him. If I didn’t know better, I would have felt that some of the things he does could be borderline abusive. I don’t blame him because a lot of this is involuntary because of the ADHD, but if this continues, it’s not good for the family as a whole. I’m not sure how to deal with this.
- How can I improve my sleep hygiene with shift-work?
- I am currently caring for my mom who has early dementia. I’ll be trying to work on my tasks, but I keep getting off track. How do I manage interruptions?
- How do you decide if “This is an ADHD thing” and “it should not be this much of a struggle so I should find a work-around” versus, “This is hard, but everybody struggles to do it, so I will struggle to do it!”?
- What suggestions do you have for finding an ADHD-friendly workplace?
Resources & Honorable Mentions:
- Book: Burnout – The Secret to Unlocking the Stress Cycle
- Book: Nonviolent Communication: A Language of Life by Marshall B. Rosenberg, PhD
- Book: Adult Children of Emotionally Immature Parents by Lindsay C. Gibson
- Book: Recovering from Emotionally Immature Parents: How to Reclaim Your Emotional Autonomy and Find Personal Happiness by Lindsay C. Gibson
- Article: The Health Risks of Shift Work
- Article: Dim or Kill Your Devices’ Bright LED Lights Once and for All – CNET
- Article: T.H.I.N.K Acronym for Kinder and More Effective Communications
- Mentioned: Transtheoretical Model – Wikipedia (The Cycle of Change)
- Mentioned: Al-Anon
- Mentioned: Adult Study Hall
- Mentioned: Glassdoor (US)
- Mentioned: Glassdoor (Canada)
- Mentioned: Episode 399 – Workplace Accommodation: Do I Need to Disclose?