In today’s episode, Eric is joined by Laura Roehrick. Currently at age 69, Laura was diagnosed with ADHD at 40, has been a registered nurse for 48 years, and has found her brain wiring to be both a blessing and a curse.
Laura is also a pioneer of preventative diabetic foot care nursing, having created a method of nail sculpture that can be both limb-saving and life-saving. She has been married for 37 years, has two daughters, is a grandma of 5, and is also a crafter, designer, artist, former actress, herbal medicine maker, avid knitter, loves sewing, has traveled the world, and has colorful stories of being raised on a houseboat!
You’ll also hear about Laura’s lessons in business, the consequences of lacking clear and effective communication, what she has experienced as being a nurse herself, and the importance of diabetic foot care.
Then, you’ll also hear how she landed a role in a movie from 1980 that is banned in the UK, what Laura would change if she could go back in time, and ways she is optimizing her health.
Get in touch with Laura:
Also Answered in this episode:
- What was Laura’s impetus for getting laser-focused on something like diabetic foot care?
- How did she pioneer in her field?
- How did Laura’s upbringing influence her out-of-the-box thinking?
- If Laura could go back in time from when she began her work with diabetic foot care, what advice would she give herself so she wouldn’t get so derailed?
- How much has acceptance been a part of her journey?
- What are Laura’s plans at age 69 and beyond?
Resources & Honorable Mentions:
- Book: Outliers: The Story of Success by Malcolm Gladwell
- Book: Letting Go: The Pathway To Surrender by David R. Hawkins
- Mentioned: https://www.wimhofmethod.com
Check out the Other Podcasts on the ADHD reWired Podcast Network:
- adhdessentials.com with Brendan Mahan
- hackingyouradhd.com with Will Curb
- adhddiversified.ca with MJ Siemens