Join the ADHD reWired Team every second Tuesday of the month for our monthly Live Q&A!
In this episode, you’ll hear how the members on the ADHD reWired team manage and engage with social media. You’ll also hear about some tools and systems to create a library of responses, and help a listener hone in on what they are passionate about.
Then, the ADHD reWired team shares tips on pausing before reacting, what the empathy gap is, what happens between pausing and stimulus, and the value of mindfulness meditation.
Some of the Questions & Topics in this Episode:
- How do you manage social media and stay engaged?
- I’m trying to develop a library of scripts for responding to common things because I struggle with articulating myself, leading to procrastination. What tools can I use to create scripts?
- What advice would you give somebody who’s trying to figure out what to do with their life?
- “Between stimulus and response, there is a space.” Is that really true for persons with ADHD? The emotional reaction happens so fast and full, and then it seems there is no recovery. How do we create a space that might not be there?
- How do you get over the Wall of Awful about the Wall of Awful?
- I have spent so much time on productivity apps. I heard one of you uses Notion, do you have any suggestions on how you use it?
Resources & Honorable Mentions:
- Tool: TextExpander: Shortcut to Efficient, Consistent Communication
- Tool: Notion
- Article: Black Girl Lost Keys – How to Guard Your Yes
- Article: Use These Email Templates to Say No in Any Situation
- Article: Why Do We Mispredict How Much our Emotions Influence Our Behavior? – The Empathy Gap Explained
- Article: The Empathy Gap: Why People Fail to Understand Different Perspectives
- Book: How To Say It by Rosalie Maggio
- Ebook: Guard Your Yes: The Guidebook by Rene Brookes
- Video: Why is it so Hard to do Something that Should be Easy? – HowToADHD and Brendan Mahan (Wall of Awful)
- Video: How to do Something that Should be Easy (But… is… not) – HowToADHD and Brendan Mahan (Wall of Awful)