Join the ADHD reWired Team every second Tuesday of the month for our monthly Live Q&A!
In this episode, you’ll hear from the ADHD reWired podcast team and ADHD reWired coaches talk about coaching, how to set yourself up for success when engaging with a coaching program, and best practices when engaging with a coaching program to be successful.
Then, you’ll hear the panelists talk about why making friends feels difficult as adults, ways to make connections in different areas, the false narratives we tell ourselves about planning, the importance of scheduling fun things in your calendar, and that it’s ok to not get everything done.
You’ll also hear the panel share tips on building motivation, the barriers to getting started, and how activating a task can help with motivation. The panelists also discuss the benefit of reframing, defining our principles when creating rules for ourselves, and why understanding our values can help us make better decisions.
Finally, you’ll hear some tips on creating a more conducive remote work environment, the importance of communicating with your household when working from home, why a lack of structure can cause us to struggle, and that there is no one-size-fits-all approach to coaching.
Some of the Questions & Topics in this Episode:
- What makes one coaching program different from another? What does it take for coaching to succeed, and how does one have to approach it to ensure or increase chances of success? What scenario would make coaching not successful?
- How does coaching interact with traditional therapy?
- Are there grants available to cover potential business expenses when building a business channel? There doesn’t seem to be any grants listed specifically for ADHD.
- Do you have any tips or advice on finding more adult acquaintances after graduating university?
- I know scheduling helps, but when I make a daily plan, I feel the structure is too restrictive, and I rarely stick to it. Any tips?
- What can I do to have motivation?
- How do I give myself consequences for not following through on the things that I want to do?
- How do I create a conducive remote work environment? I live in a small home and need space from my family.
- I have recently retired from a CEO position and am now having trouble navigating the day-to-day. I assume that’s not uncommon?
- I was recently diagnosed and I have been struggling with deadlines and multitasking my whole life. Can you talk about how coaching works and what benefits people get from it? I’m figuring out how my brain works.