This week, Eric is joined by Robyn Buchanan, a mom of two teenage boys and partner to an ADHD husband. Robyn is also a registered nurse, life and focus coach, and YouTube creator who is an advocate for people with ADHD and neurodiversity to capitalize on their ADHD strengths and push the mundane aside to live their best lives. She encourages minimalism and self-employment for maximum freedom and joy, is a self-admitted tea-addict, loves gardening, walking with friends around her Vancouver island town, and watching Jane Austen movies.
You’ll hear Eric and Robyn talk about decluttering, how we can add “glitter” to make decluttering fun, and how important our spaces and environments are for getting things done.
Eric and Robyn also discuss how decluttering our own spaces has potential to bring others joy, different ways we can use the concept of minimalism to keep our spaces clean and decluttered, what prompted Eric to hire a professional organizer, what sparked Robyn’s interest into getting her home organized, and more!
Get in touch with Robyn:
- Instagram: @minimalisthomeplease
- Instagram: @hocusfocusrobyn
- YouTube: Hocus Focus
- YouTube: MinimalistHome
Other Questions/Topics Answered in this Episode:
- [00:03:54] Eric admits he “has crap everywhere” and asks Robyn, “Where do we start?” when we want to begin decluttering.
- [00:06:29] How do we make decluttering fun?
- [00:10:10] Robyn shares how and why she schedules her anti-procrastination tasks.
- [00:11:20] What sparked Robyn’s interest to get into organizing?
- [00:15:38] How does Robyn define minimalism for her?
- [00:23:29] Robyn takes us into the thinking realm of organizing: What are the questions, leading thoughts, ideas, and the cognition piece behind this to help us make better decisions?
- [00:29:19] “You mean we have to work to keep our home decluttered?” and a discussion about maintenance.
- [00:37:16] How do we deal with family giving us things (memorabilia, furniture, etc.) that could lead to more clutter?
- [00:42:10] How do we deal with our mail?
- [00:47:10] What are some of the tools or the things that make keeping ourselves organized easier?
- [00:50:46] Why does it take up to two weeks to put laundry away?
Resources & Honorable Mentions:
- Website: The Minimalists – Joshua Fields Millburn and Ryan Nicodemus
- YouTube Channel: Matt D’Avella’s YouTube
- Website: FlyLady
- Website: Getting Things Done (GTD)
The Annual International Conference on ADHD is this week! Join virtually or in person in Dallas, Texas! Listeners of ADHD reWired can get 15% off your registration at https://adhdrewired.com/adhdcon2022! Or use the promo code adhdrewiredadhdcon2022 at checkout!