This week, Eric is joined by Chris Wang, the cofounder and CEO of Shimmer, an ADHD startup offering bite-sized coaching to individuals with ADHD! Chris is an entrepreneur, social-impact advocate, angel investor, growth consultant, and forever tinkerer. She believes strongly that business should be used as a force for good, and that positive impact not only isn’t the enemy of profit, but is a catalyst.
This thesis underpins every decision she makes, especially when it comes to the communities she is a part of and cares the most about, the communities including LGBTQ+, AAPI (Asian-American Pacific Islander), women, non-binary, and neurodiversity – especially with ADHD.
Find out more about Shimmer at https://www.shimmer.care!
Other Questions/Topics Answered in this Episode:
- [00:02:26] Chris talks about getting prepared for the show
- [00:03:20] Eric asks Chris about her story launching Shimmer
- [00:04:12] Chris shares her experience as a kid and where the messages of “being a kid” came from
- [00:07:19] Eric asks Chris about a “failure” from a previous business venture
- [00:08:18] “I have the learning, it’s on a sticky note!” -Chris
- [00:10:14] Where did Chris learn all of the skills she has now that’s led to personal growth and building a business?
- [00:11:33] Eric pokes Chris’s brain: “How did you figure out what you needed to figure out?”
- [00:15:09] Chris shares her journey with feedback and how it’s been used to improve Shimmer
- [00:23:14] Chris walks us through different types of feedback sessions, inspired by https://thefoundercoach.com
- [00:26:53] What kind of person does it take to engage in vulnerable and courageous conversation?
- [00:28:36] Chris shares an example of the language used when engaging in a feedback session
- [00:33:28] “Sometimes feedback stings.” Chris talks about dealing with the sting of feedback.
- [00:37:50] How do you get back up from negative or critical feedback?
- [00:42:51] Chris shares more about what Shimmer is all about
- [00:50:23] What is Chris most excited about with Shimmer?
- [00:54:49] “What are you nerding-out about lately” and the importance of having something fun to do outside of business
- [00:59:58] Chris gives listeners her final thoughts
Resources & Honorable Mentions:
- Tool: Notion (also an editor’s favorite!)
Check out the Other Podcasts on the ADHD reWired Podcast Network:
- adhdessentials.com with Brendan Mahan
- hackingyouradhd.com with Will Curb
- adhddiversified.ca with MJ Siemens