This week, Eric is joined by Rahti Gorfien of Creative Calling Coaching! Rahti has coached independent creative professionals, including actors, writers, artists, filmmakers, and tech developers, who are scattered and overwhelmed. She helps her clients break the cycle of isolation, irregular income, and irregular hours, by taking a more structured and entrepreneurial approach to their careers based on their unique strengths and neurological makeup.
In this episode, you’ll hear about Rahti’s journey with mental health, the impact of teams in her life, and how she started a yoga practice and her interest in cooking. You’ll also hear about trauma, the 5 success-stopping emotions, being confronted by meaning-making, and wise closing words from Rahti.
Find out more about Rahti at https://creativecallingcoaching.com/
Other Questions/Topics Answered in this Episode:
- [00:02:04] Rahti talks about how she knew she had to be a performer.
- [00:07:26] Rahti shares how her journey into coaching started. “Company is stronger than will, and I realized I was trying to do it alone.”
- [00:11:03] Eric and Rahti dive into bipolar and mental health.
- [00:19:13] The 5 core emotions. “Emotions are the harbingers of what we think, of what we believe.” -Rahti
- [00:22:50] Rahti shares why she is now grateful for her trauma.
- [00:23:57] The Manifesto of the Brave and Brokenhearted – Brene Brown
- [00:27:43] Rahti gives a different perspective about being the hero in our lives.
- [00:29:21] “Emotions are also wise, and they are also convincing liars.” -Eric
- [00:32:29] Where does envy come from in terms of the 5 emotions?
- [00:35:41] Thoughts on Enoughness
- [00:43:42] Eric and Rahti share their experiences with boredom.
- [00:45:51] Is boredom the birthplace of creativity?
- [00:49:41] Rahti and Eric recap the 5 success-stopping emotions and talk about fear.
- [00:57:30] Rahti shares about her book, coming in summer of 2023!
Resources & Honorable Mentions:
- Book: Wishcraft: How to Get What You Really Want by Barbara Sher
- Quick Read: Manifesto of the Brave and Brokenhearted – Brené Brown
Check out the Other Podcasts on the ADHD reWired Podcast Network: