In this episode, Eric is joined by Jamie Walsh. Jamie is a husband, father of 4, and business owner with ADHD. Before coaching, he worked in higher education for 16 years, he earned his B.A. from Providence College and a Masters of Science degree from Boston College. Jamie also completed a certification program for coaching teens and college students with ADHD from JST Coaching and Training.
With over 20 years of experience in various school environments, consulting for organizations, as well as his own personal journey, Jamie is passionate about making a difference in the lives of struggling learners and wants to empower clients to believe in themselves.
You’ll hear Eric and Jamie talk about shame, resilience, and adulting. Then, you will also hear them engage in a coaching session about impulsivity, emotional regulation, the importance of exercise, rejection sensitivity, and creating routines.
Learn more about Jamie:
- Instagram: @anchor_coaching Jamie Walsh (@anchor_coaching)
- Website: AnchorADHD.com https://www.anchoradhd.com
- Jamie’s Linktree for more: https://linktr.ee/anchoradhd
Other Questions/Topics Answered in this Episode:
- [00:02:13] Jamie shares his story about the impact ADHD had on his life before receiving a diagnosis.
- [00:04:60] “I changed jobs about every two years.”
- [00:06:25] Jamie recounts his experience while getting through an ADHD evaluation.
- [00:08:04] “(ADHD) has nothing to do with your intelligence.”
- [00:08:24] Eric and Jamie dive into Jamie’s family history of mental health issues and addiction and how it impacted receiving information about ADHD.
- [00:18:52] Eric and Jamie talk about “making lemons from lemonade” and the power of resilience.
- [00:20:37] “Being an adult is like trying to fold a fitted sheet” and having a fixed-mindset vs. a growth-mindset.
- [00:24:15] Jamie and Eric engage in a coaching session and tackle ADHD and ADHD-related challenges.
- [00:31:08] Eric asks Jamie, “What has been the most beneficial coping strategy that could have a greater impact if you were to do more?” & a deeper dive into scheduling intentions and shifting the mindset around it.
- [01:04:31] Closing thoughts and Jamie’s favorite quote.
Resources & Honorable Mentions:
- Website: JST Coaching & Training https://www.jstcoachtraining.com
- Book: Delivered from Distraction https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/108592.Delivered_from_Distraction