In part 2 of this conversation, Eric is joined by ADHD reWired Coaches Kat Hoyer and Kristin Marts! Janelle Augustin, who is also an ADHD reWired Coaching group Alumni member, also joins all of the ADHD reWired Coaches in the hot seat to figure out actionable items to keep track of multi-step tasks and not lose steam while tackling unfinished projects.
⭐ If you missed Part 1 of this conversation, go back to episode 469 to listen in from the beginning!
Janelle was born in Jamaica but grew up in South Florida and joins us in this episode from Tampa! As a mom who enjoys gardening and has a love for cooking, Janelle is also an entrepreneur with her business called Nelly’s Fried Creamery, specializing in deep-fried ice cream.
Not long after being diagnosed with ADHD at age 32, Janelle joined ADHD reWired’s Coaching & Accountability Groups and continued her support with the Alumni community. Through the coaching groups, she developed the self-awareness she needed to learn to advocate for herself and learned what she needed for that self-advocacy.
Questions/Topics in this Episode:
- [00:02:13] “Do you think everything needs to be finished?”
- [00:05:07] Kat talks about borrowing from previous successes
- [00:07:20] “What do you tell your child about making mistakes?”
- [00:08:32] Different ways to think about “done”
- [00:17:19] More tool suggestions for writing / creating processes
- [00:20:42] What did ChatGPT spit out?
- [00:23:37] A helpful acronym
- [00:34:02] Kristin talks about POPs – the Point-of-Performance
- [00:34:41] Janelle shares her action steps, commitments, & wrapping up
Other Coaching Questions from today’s episode:
- Would you be able to prioritize the things you want/need to finish vs. the things that “would be nice” to finish?
- If you were to say, “What’s the TOP thing right now, in your life, that you want to get to ‘done’ to earn the right to work on the next thing?” Then, “What would be that next thing?”
- What did you say to yourself when something didn’t go right? What lessons did you learn from that?
Resources & Honorable Mentions:
- Tool: Process.st https://www.process.st
- Tool: Chat GPT https://openai.com/blog/chatgpt/
- Tool: Jasper.ai https://www.jasper.ai/
- Website: Fiverr https://www.fiverr.com
- Book: E-Myth Mastery – The Seven Essential Disciplines for Building a World-Class Company https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/81942.E_Myth_Mastery
- Book: The E-Myth Revisited https://www.goodreads.com/en/book/show/81948.The_E_myth_Revisited