In this episode, Eric is joined by Renee Rosales! Renee is a mother, educator, advocate, and transformational leader who has always possessed a deep passion for education. As an innovator, Renee established two of the first virtual schools in Arizona. She collaborated with educational partners, co-founding Marana Distance Learning K12 in 2004. Then, less than two years later, she founded Northern Arizona Distance Learning. Also known as NADL, it is the first online public school in the northern half of the state! As a visionary, Renee believes that with the right amount of education and determination, anything is possible!
Renee has made it her mission to create a better way for the neurodiverse community! In addition to being a co-founder of the two virtual schools, she is also the founder of Theara – a business in supporting the neurodiverse community from birth to adulthood. As a visionary, Renee consistently strives to make the intangible tangible by building bridges, connections, and relationships that positively transform all aspects of life!
- Find out more about Renee at Theara.com (click here!)
Some of Renee’s acronyms shared in today’s episode:
- JOY: Journey forward, Organize & Optimism, Yield to wellness
- DREAM: Diet, Rest, Exercise, Activity outdoors, Mindfulness
- ABC: Aware, Brave, Curious
- LIGHT: Listen, Integrate, Guide, Honor, Transform
- [00:01:06] Introducing Renee
- [00:02:34] What brought Renee into the world of ADHD and neurodiversity?
- [00:03:58] Problem solving, big solutions, follow through, and coping strategies
- [00:06:26] Joy and finding focus
- [00:07:27] Dealing with trauma
- [00:12:03] The spark of Lighting the Way
- [00:13:31] Living the D.R.E.A.M. and moving forward
- [00:16:51] Observing trauma in schools and feeling defeated
- [00:21:42] Organizing for optimism
- [00:22:20] What’s a capsule wardrobe?
- [00:25:47] Holding onto wellness
- [00:29:50] Helping folks in the workplace and safely unmasking
- [00:37:54] Environment Social Governance guidelines (ESG)
- [00:39:33] Where to learn more about ESG
- [00:40:58] Advice for employees bringing information & accommodations to the workplace
- [00:44:40] Closing thoughts and where to find Renee
Resources & Honorable Mentions: