In today’s show, Caroleen Verly joins Eric on the podcast! Caroleen is a former data analyst turned business owner and financial coach who loves spreadsheets, numbers, problem solving, and data! She also loves working with clients to find order in the chaos of their financial lives. Caroleen has a degree in economics from Yale and spent the first 12 years of her career doing data analysis and data visualization. In addition to her business, Caroleen is also a mom to three young children!
- Check out Caroleen’s website UntangleYourMoney.com (click here!)
- Learn more about Caroleen at her website (here)
- Find UntangleYourMoney on Instagram at @adhdmoney (click here!)
- [00:01:10] Introducing Caroleen!
- [00:02:26] What does it mean to create good systems that work by default?
- [00:03:55] A discussion on automation, bills, payments, resistance, and safety nets
- [00:07:32] Dedicating accounts, savings, and putting money in the right spots for different purposes
- [00:16:57] Banking and ADHD-friendly interfaces
- [00:18:37] Caroleen tries the Qube Money app (click here!)
- [00:21:30] A discussion about credit cards and managing them successfully
- [00:25:02] Impulsive spending and the impact of credit scores
- [00:27:57] “The cheaper option is not always cheaper!”
- [00:38:27] Ways to start saving in the midst of debt and living paycheck to paycheck
- [00:41:30] Cutting costs vs. making more money: Which one is better?
- [00:45:56] Resources & closing thoughts
Resources & Honorable Mentions: