Spring Season: April - mid-June 2021
Registration is by invitation only. Click below to learn more.
This Week’s Episode:
This episode is the recording of September’s live Q&A. These Q&A sessions take place the second Tuesday of every month. The questions answered in this episode were submitted by listeners of this podcast, both ahead of time and live. I am joined on this episode by Brendan Mahan.
In this episode, we cover a variety of topics. Some questions are about adolescents with ADHD, from morning routines to college applications. We also talk about managing emotions during hormonal changes, weight loss with ADHD, managing anxiety and excitement, and many more topics. Be sure to sign up for a reminder for our next ADHD reWired Live Q&A at http://erictivers.com/events.
- [06:03] – Several people asked questions about managing anxiety that results from their ADHD. I explain that anxiety and ADHD can go together and I share a personal experience.
- [10:08] – Carolyn asks a question about emotions during hormonal changes.
- [12:10] – Sarah asks about losing weight with ADHD. We share some of our struggles with food.
- [18:57] – I answer a question about controlling excitement when feelings are triggered. I explain that ADHD is a disorder of self-regulation and share some tips on managing these situations.
- [26:30] – A live viewer expresses concerns over her son’s boredom and performance at school. We share some tips on helping me manage how he feels about school.
- [34:21] – Donald has ADHD and will be returning to college. He asks for advice on breaking perfectionism and working efficiently.
- [41:58] – We answer a question about a gifted child with inattentive type ADHD who is a high school senior and facing college applications and preparation for college. Both parents also have ADHD. We share some thoughts and provide tips on this entire process.
- [47:48] – Linda joins the call and shares that her 9-year-old daughter struggles with the morning routine. I share how my parents handled that situation and some suggestions for Linda’s situation.
- [58:10] – Craig asks about avoiding procrastination. We attempt to pull Craig out of shame. He joins the call to provide more details.