The guest of this episode is Emily Parks. Emily is a productivity consultant and the owner of Organize for Success. She is an Evernote certified consultant. A lover of technology, Emily can help with prioritization, email, calendar management, and everything else that we could all use help with.
In this conversation, you will hear Emily share a ton of super helpful tips and strategies. This is a can’t-miss episode if you would like to become more efficient in areas of your life with things like digital clutter, time-blocking, and email. At the end of the episode, you’ll even hear Emily share some tips specific to this holiday time of the year.
Connect with Emily Parks
Website – OrganizeForSuccess.biz
- [02:26] – “Our brain is made for thinking, not remembering.”
- [03:28] – Emily shares her answer to “What’s the best tool for remembering things?” She shares a few reasons she loves Evernote.
- [05:36] – Emily says that she uses Evernote as her external brain.
- [07:19] – When it comes to Evernote, Emily never recommends having too much of anything.
- [08:57] – Emily shares tips on naming folders in Evernote.
- [10:54] – I describe my “1-2-3 Hack.”
- [12:42] – If using the subject line is too overwhelming, you can rename your default notebook and use it as an inbox to hold items for processing.
- [15:38] – “One is the most productive number” is Emily’s line of thinking behind having people do an audit
- [24:57] – We tend to scatter our organization. Emily talks about managing this clutter.
- [27:27] – Emily addresses the issue of social media notifications.
- [31:00] – It’s easy to get sucked into the neverending stream of videos on Facebook. Emily shares how to keep yourself from falling into those traps.
- [34:49] – Emily encourages me (and all of us) to do our daily wrap-up.
- [43:11] – Daily planning is very important for people with ADHD, and Emily gives tips on staying on track.
- [51:20] – Emily talks more about time-blocking methods.
- [57:26] – Emily and I share a hatred of email. Emily shares some tips and tricks related to email.
- [1:00:35] – Emily gives a few tips on keeping phone calls short in length.
- [1:03:00] – Email: Checking vs. Processing
- [1:07:24] – Emily talks about staying productive and on-task during the holidays.