Spring Season: April - mid-June 2021
Registration is by invitation only. Click below to learn more.
Listen as Eric Tivers with his guests, Brendan Mahan, Will Curb, Moira Maybin, and MJ Siemens, answer questions from the listeners in our monthly Q & A session of ADHD reWired. We are taking questions from you, the listener, about situations you want to talk through. It doesn’t matter if it’s personal or professional; we are here to give you our perspective and see if we can help you find some answers.
Kathy starts by asking for suggestions about going to bed at a decent time so she can get up early to write her book. Melissa wants some suggestions on incorporating weekly planning in her life. Lauren is looking for help to find resources for getting a correct diagnosis for ADHD instead of depression, as she’s always been told.
Brendan wants suggestions on what project management tool to use as his business grows, and he is being overwhelmed with inquiries. Jacob wants some help and resources to quit smoking. He has quit multiple times over the years but always started back up. The panel shares their tips and suggestions on talking to his doctor about the ADHD meds he is on and asking if they can be changed to make quitting easier.
This is the last live Q&A recorded in 2020, and as usual, we cover a wide range of topics, and we provide some creative takeaways no matter what stage you’re in with your diagnosis. Listen in as we discuss your questions and the struggle we still have dealing with our ADHD, and get ready for more in 2021.
*Please note that when we discuss medications, we can only address personal experience. Anytime you have been prescribed a drug, you should reach out to your provider regarding your symptoms and experiences. Not all medications are useful for all people. There are various options, and you’ll need individual help to determine which medicines are right for you.
- ADHD Essentials Podcast with Brendan Mahan
- Hacking Your ADHD with William Curb
- ADHD Friendly Lifestyle with Moira Maybin
- ADHD Diversified with MJ Siemens
- [02:15] Welcome to the show, everyone!
- [04:49] Kathy speaks about her issue of going to bed late.
- [07:13] Eric wants to know if she has to get up early.
- [09:45] Brendan shares his insights into Kathy’s issue.
- [13:02] If you can find a book that is fiction and part of a series, it might allow you to go to bed sooner.
- [15:58] Kathy talks to her future self every morning.
- [18:13] MJ talks about the meds she takes for her ADHD.
- [21:02] Melissa wants to know how to incorporate weekly planning in her life.
- [23:46] Eric says that planning makes everything else you are doing easier.
- [25:47] Telling people no is one of the most important things we can do for ourselves.
- [26:22] Brendan shares his suggestions for Melissa.
- [32:47] Lauren believes she has been misdiagnosed with depression and anxiety disorder; she believes she has ADHD but doesn’t have the money to pursue a diagnosis.
- [35:02] Women are the largest demographic for being diagnosed with ADHD because they are the largest group being misdiagnosed.
- [36:50] Moira shares some resources for Lauren.
- [39:04] Will asks if a diagnosis is a road to getting medication to help with her ADHD.
- [42:16] Brendan has a question about a project management tool to manage his inquiries.
- [44:20] Eric shares his ideas on what Brendan can do.
- [47:17] Eric discusses some automated tools he can use.
- [48:47] MJ speaks about how she manages contacts and her schedule.
- [53:11] Do you have a form on your website for people to fill out?
- [53:32] Moira has three questions to ask Brendan.
- [55:41] Eric shares with Brendan when it’s time to hire your first assistant.
- [59:04] Eric discusses his post-covid plans and what he hopes to accomplish during 2021.
- [1:04:52] Jacob wants some tips on how to quit smoking.
- [1:05:36] MJ asks what kind of medicine he is on.
- [1:06:22] MJ shares that she couldn’t reduce her nicotine level until she was on the correct dosage of meds for her ADHD.
- [1:08:00] Eric discusses how he quit smoking and his triggers for restarting.
- [1:11:00] Eric shares some programs that are available to help people quit smoking.
- [1:12:48] Jacob talks about the contraindications that quit smoking medications have, so he can’t take them.
- [1:15:12] Thank you all for being on the show!
- [1:16:11] If you are a regular listener, consider becoming a patron by clicking on our Patreon tab at www.ADHDreWired.com