Spring Season: April - mid-June 2021
Registration is by invitation only. Click below to learn more.
This episode is the recording of February’s live Q&A. The questions answered in this episode were submitted by listeners of this podcast, both ahead of time and live. Brendan Mahan once again joins me on this Q&A.
This week, we had several listeners join us on the podcast. You will hear us talk with a couple of people who were diagnosed later, and are working through things like finding helpful therapists and being ready for coaching.
You can listen to our live Q&A sessions on the second Tuesday of every month at 1:30 pm Eastern. Join Brendan Mahan and me as we answer your questions live. You can register at http://ADHDreWired.com/events.
Connect with Brendan Mahan
- [03:18] – Brendan shares that he is filling in as principal for a school.
- [06:50] – Brendan explains why he is no longer a fan of the concept of behavior management.
- [08:24] – Anna has a question about dyslexia. Some of the characteristics of dyslexia are becoming apparent. She wonders how dyslexia is displayed and diagnosed.
- [13:48] – Amy joins the call and shares that she was diagnosed with ADHD at 41. She doesn’t feel that the therapists she has encountered aren’t that helpful.
- [18:32] – I ask Amy some follow-up questions and Brendan and I share some thoughts on her situation.
- [27:24] – Rob was just diagnosed with ADHD at 50. He wonders where to start. We give him some resources.
- [31:52] – Juliet joins the call and is looking to manage anger and frustration she feels, specifically with her 8-year old who has ADHD. This is an aspect of ADHD that is not discussed much. I share some of my thoughts on regulating these emotions.
- [45:24] – Brett talks with us about being ready for coaching.
- [56:33] – Tina joins the call. She brings up the idea of using a filter in interactions with others.
- [1:01:07] – Brendan and I talk about our current sleep habits and progress.