RSVP For Our Next Registration Events. Don't wait! We're filling up!
This Week’s Episode:
Maria Luisa Ruiz Luna joins me on this episode. She is the founder of Wellways, a venture whose goal is to promote a way of living that prioritizes our nature, wellbeing, and peace. She creates experiences that provide the tools and space for modern humans to thrive by honoring and networking against their individual and biological nature.
Maria Luisa moved from Peru to Arizona fifteen years ago to attend grad school. She obtained her degree in neuroscience at the University of Arizona. Currently, she offers coaching to individuals and workshops to crowds. Focus subjects are related to wellbeing.
In this conversation, you will hear Maria’s insight into how ADHD impacts her, and how she lives her life. She points out that we live in a fast-paced society, which is challenging for those of us with ADHD. She shares some strategies for slowing down, embracing silence, and overcome this busy lifestyle we all live.
Connect with Maria Luisa Ruiz Luna:
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/mruizluna
- [05:18] – Maria starts this conversation by talking about what she trusts, and is in situations that other people view as “crazy.”
- [07:15] – According to Maria, having ADHD causes you to constantly try to be someone else.
- [09:36] – Maria explains how mindfulness blends with her academic studies involving neuroscience and biology.
- [16:17] – Our modern, fast-paced culture can be difficult for us. Maria shares that we urgently need to be comfortable in our own skin.
- [19:12] – Leaving space between activities helps Maria overcome our fast-paced society.
- [22:47] – Maria explains what has led her down this path of mindfulness.
- [25:25] – It’s easier to be positive when things are going well. Maria explains how to find gratitude when things are rough.
- [32:33] – Maria talks shares how to practice mindfulness when you have ADHD.
- [42:18] – Silence is something we desperately need!
- [44:40] – Maria says that she always thinks that she doesn’t deserve a break. But that keeps her from experiencing the clarity of silence.
- [45:50] – I walk in the evening, and I’ve been trying to let my mind wander instead of taking in information.
- [47:33] – Maria explains why she sees everything as being sacred.
- [52:00] – Maria talks about an upcoming trip to Africa, and she explains that she has no plan for this trip.
- [55:30] – Our fast-paced society makes things more challenging for those of us with ADHD. Maria talks about simplifying.
- [1:02:12] – Maria and I talk about the idea of “work less, live more.”