Fall Season: Oct. 12 - Dec. 18
Registration is by invitation only. Click below to learn more.
This episode is the recording of January’s live Q&A. The questions answered in this episode were submitted by listeners of this podcast, both ahead of time and live. Brendan Mahan once again joins me on this Q&A. On this episode, you will hear Brendan and me discuss a handful of listener questions on sleep, multitasking, anxiety from goals, and other topics.
You can listen to our live Q&A sessions on the second Tuesday of every month at 1:30 pm Eastern. Join Brendan Mahan and me as we answer your questions live. You can register at http://ADHDreWired.com/events.
Connect with Brendan Mahan
- [01:59] – The first question comes from Christian. He has been struggling with sleep and finds himself waking up frustrated. We try to figure out what could be causing his sleep issues, and we give him some tips.
- [17:22] – Drew asks if it’s possible to have attention focused in multiple places at once. Brendan and I explain why it’s not possible to be good at multitasking. Brendan shares his thoughts on this topic.
- [28:20] – Sarah is looking for advice on how to show her husband that the behaviors of their daughter with ADHD are not a matter of “not caring.” We talk about helping her husband see things from a different perspective and trying to create better habits for children (and ourselves).
- [44:22] – Mike joins the call to ask about money. Finances are something he struggles with but isn’t sure how to unload that responsibility. Brendan and I talk with him about some solutions.
- [55:58] – Kenya wonders why just thinking about writing goals down causes anxiety. Brendan talks about how he plays with language, and sometimes ADHD wins. This question allows me to go on a rant.
- [1:04:47] – I share a new strategy to get to bed at a better time. Brendan talks about a new snack that helps him avoid unhealthy snacks.