Spring Season: April - mid-June 2021
Registration is by invitation only. Click below to learn more.
Listen as Eric Tivers with his guests, Brendan Mahan, Will Curb, Moira Maybin, and MJ Siemens, answer questions from the listeners in our monthly Q & A session of ADHD reWired. We are taking questions from you, the listener, about situations you want to talk through. It doesn’t matter if it’s personal or professional; we are here to give you our perspective and see if we can help you find some answers.
Maria starts this session by asking Eric what he means by the comment that he is proudly unemployable. Bri wants to know how to structure her downtime to make her feel like she is working toward a goal. Another listener wants to know how to get over the anger and feelings of being wronged. Listen as the panel answers the question, how do I deal with imposter syndrome during the diagnosis process?
How do I deal with imposter syndrome during the diagnosis process? Do neuro-diverse conditions run deeply in families? How do I handle high emotional responses that flatten my priority list? Is there a niche for an alcoholic, addicted artist podcast? How much time should I devote to a new hobby? According to research, to what degree are executive functions trainable in adults with ADHD? Do you feel like your medication doesn’t work during your menstrual cycle? These are more of the questions that our panel shares insights, strategies, suggestions, and personal experiences on to help the listeners gain an understanding of what they can do to mitigate the issues they have questions about.
Welcome to the first live Q&A of 2021, where we cover a wide range of topics and provide some creative takeaways no matter what stage you’re in with your diagnosis. Listen in as we discuss your questions and the struggle we still have dealing with our ADHD.
- ADHD Essentials Podcast with Brendan Mahan
- Hacking Your ADHD with William Curb
- ADHD Friendly Lifestyle with Moira Maybin
- ADHD Diversified with MJ Siemens
- [01:48] Welcome to the show, everyone!
- [02:20] Maria has a question about why Eric says he is proudly unemployable.
- [05:00] Maria discusses the work she wants to do.
- [08:25] Bri asks about how to structure her time so that she doesn’t feel stuck.
- [10:24] Brendan shares his insights into her question.
- [12:17] Moira talks about how Bri feels like she is starting from zero again.
- [15:03] MJ speaks about taking what’s worked for her in the past and tweaking it for what works now.
- [16:13] Eric wants to know what future Bri wants.
- [17:07] How do I get over the anger and feelings of being wronged?
- [18:19] MJ shares that this is something we all can relate to and that forgiveness can give us peace of mind.
- [21:10] Eric believes that one thing that can be helpful at the moment is what can I actually learn from this?
- [23:36] Eric talks about being fired from his first job out of grad school.
- [24:58] Will adds his insights into this issue.
- [25:36] “Never attribute to malice what can be explained with stupidity.”
- [32:46] How do I deal with imposter syndrome during the diagnosis process?
- [34:37] Eric discusses when he felt he had imposter syndrome.
- [35:16] Will shares what helped him when he felt like he was an imposter.
- [35:52] Brendan talks about the awareness around imposter syndrome.
- [36:55] Moira says that’s why she is doing the ADHD Friendly Lifestyle podcast.
- [40:27] Jennie asks a question about neurodiverse conditions running deeply in the family.
- [41:28] Eric discusses how inherent ADHD is in families.
- [42:38] MJ says that different family members cope with ADHD in different ways.
- [47:59] Rob’s question is about flattening his priority list because of high emotional responses.
- [50:58] Rob shares what has worked for him to get things out of his head.
- [51:54] Eric talks about what he hears Rob say.
- [53:01] Eric shares what he does that is helpful when he has a day where he is bouncing all over the place.
- [57:58] Brendan discusses some things he thinks might help Rob.
- [59:51] Moira shares some strategies that she uses that might help.
- [01:01:26] Is there a niche for alcoholic, addict, artist podcast?
- [01:02:00] Cody wants to know how much time he should spend learning a new hobby.
- [01:03:09] Will believes you should make hobbies something you do with other people.
- [01:03:45] Daniel wants an idea of where he should be when he grows up, when he doesn’t have any skills or talents.
- [1:05:09] Maggie wants to do everything; she doesn’t know what to do because she wants to do it all.
- [1:06:45] Brendan says to take the list of all the things you want to do and reorganize it thematically.
- [1:07:35] According to research, to what extent are executive functions trainable skills in adults with ADHD?
- [01:09:33] Do you feel like your medication doesn’t work during your premenstrual cycle?
- [1:11:04] Will closes the episode with a dad joke.
- [1:12:21] Thank you for listening!
- [1:13:03] If you are a regular listener, consider becoming a patron by clicking on our Patreon tab at www.ADHDreWired.com
Links and Resources: