This Week’s Episode:
This episode is the recording of July’s live Q&A. The questions answered in this episode were submitted by listeners of this podcast, both ahead of time and live. Brendan Mahan once again joins me on this Q&A. In this conversation, you will hear us discuss perfectionism, procrastination, and many other topics. You will even hear what prompted me to request a medication change.
If you’re listening to this on the day it is published, you can listen to August’s live Q&A at 1:30pm Eastern. Join Brendan Mahan and me as we answer your questions live. You can register at http://ADHDreWired.com/events.
Connect with Brendan Mahan
- [06:13] – Brendan launched his coaching group the day this was recorded. Brendan talks about making structure and systems successful, which he covered with this group.
- [09:33] – I explain why I recently requested a medication change.
- [12:25] – Brendan puts on his coaching hat with me.
- [13:52] – Erica asks why perfectionism has such an effect on people with ADHD. We share our personal thoughts and experiences on this topic.
- [22:12] – Sara weighs in from the chat and says, “Procrastination is my out from perfectionism.” This can be a good strategy.
- [22:50] – Marisol asks how to stop the drive of perfectionism when you recognize it.
- [25:37] – Marisol has a follow-up question. She says that at the moment, she acknowledges she’s overdoing it, but it’s hard to stop.
- [28:40] – Brendan talks about disconnecting physically, but struggling to disconnect mentally.
- [36:05] – Sara says that when her students use fidgets, it’s distracting for others. Brendan explains that her students need to understand it’s a fidget, not a toy. I also share my feelings on this topic.
- [41:35] – Gina asks the difference between rejection sensitive dysmorphia and regular rejection feeling bad.
- [45:59] – Carl joins the call. His husband has done a lot of research about ADHD, but at times, he sees Carl’s ADHD as work. He would like his husband to understand his struggles.