Registration is by invitation only. Click below to learn more.
It’s June’s Q&A epiosode on the podcast and I’m joined by Brendan to answer your questions. We chat about topics ranging from the effects and need for medication to how to manage and cope with various aspects of having ADHD. There were a ton of great questions this month and you won’t want to miss the responses.
What do sticky notes, note pads, and index cards have in common? Several of our questions had to do with accountability. Write things down! Put away the computer and put pen to paper, not only does this help keep you focused, you are also more likely to absorb the information. Learn more throughout the show.
Need to dive deep into how manage family responsibilities and schedules when members are on different systems? Change your verbiage and you may be able to alter their response. We spend a good bit of time on this topic because keeping an ADHD family on track is very important.
There were so many fantastic questions this month that we didn’t get to them all. If you’re not already, consider becoming a Patron to access the full episode. Also, let us know what your questions are for next month’s episode.
- [01:40] Welcome back to the podcast for June’s Q&A episode with Eric and Brendan.
- [02:45] Our first question is from Shawn, asking about life hacks for feeling more functional.
- [07:05] How to stay focused in meetings and not get flustered by questions.
- [12:17] Learn how permission relates to accountability?
- [16:57] Eric asks Brendan what he tells clients who have issues taking responsibility for issues in their lives.
- [24:15] Eric and Brendan take the first live question on how to engage family members in an ADHD household in awareness and proactivity.
- [44:37] Learn about medications, long-term use of medications, and side effects.
- [50:34] How to get written meeting notes into Evernote!
- [52:30] Tips, tools, and insights for managing distractions to move forward in life.
- [57:47] Why breaking chores down and writing them on index cards reduces overwhelm.
- [1:00:39] How to cope with being gifted and ADHD.
- [1:04:21] Any tips on becoming less sensitive about family member’s remarks on ADHD?
- [1:09:59] Time ran out for the podcast episode. If you’re a Patron check out the unedited video for the full set of questions.
- [1:11:27] If you’re a regular listener, consider becoming a patron and click on our Patreon button at www.ADHDreWired.com