Early Registration: January 23 - February 15, 2018
This Week’s Episode:
This episode is the recording of March’s live Q&A. These Q&A sessions take place the second Tuesday of every month. The questions answered in this episode were submitted by listeners of this podcast, both ahead of time and live. I am, once again, joined on this episode by Brendan Mahan.
If you’re listening to this on the day it is published, you can listen to April’s live Q&A at 1:30pm Eastern. Join Brendan Mahan and me as we answer your questions live. You can register at http://ADHDreWired.com/events. In this episode, you will hear Brenden and I answer several listener questions on medication, managing emotions at the end of the day, procrastination, cell phone notifications, and much more.
Connect with Brendan Mahan
- [05:05] – A listener asks if we have learned a new skill lately. I share the importance of hydration and my recent bout of seasonal affective disorder. Brendan talks about his learning experiences with podcasting.
- [11:16] – Another listener asks about guanfacine, a non-stimulant form of ADHD medication. I share that it tends to work with a stimulant medication.
- [13:33] – Elise asks about activities with strict structure. Brendan explains why he shys away from these types of activities. I address the individuality of strategies.
- [17:40] – Jessica asks about managing emotions later in the day when multiple family members have ADHD. We share some of our experiences and Brenden provides us with some strategies.
- [23:35] – David asks about managing evening routines when medication has worn off. Brenden and I share some thoughts on this situation.
- [32:58] – Rob asks about forming in-person support groups with other adults with ADHD in their lives. I share some resources to help make this happen.
- [37:05] – We discuss Elise’s follow-up question about bad habits.
- [40:00] – A listener asks us to discuss procrastination. I suggest the I Procrastinate Podcast.
- [45:45] – A listener struggles with being assertive and asks for some techniques.
- [48:08] – We field the question, “Does turning off notifications apply to calendar notifications?” I explain my answer, “It depends.”
- [52:40] – A listener asks for resources on the neural anatomy involved with their ADHD. We share several ADHD resources.
- [55:37] – A listener asks about people with ADHD finding themselves in difficult financial situations.
- [1:01:45] – We end the episode with the question, “Does Harry Potter have ADHD?”