Spring Season: April - mid-June 2021
Registration is by invitation only. Click below to learn more.
Welcome back to another mastermind episode. Today’s hot seat member is Derek and we work through the issues he has been facing with communication and relationships. We discuss a variety of topics ranging from moving your internal conversation to an external one, and establishing strong and appropriate communication boundaries.
This mastermind starts off with a discussion on appropriate conversation lengths and topics. Derek shares an issue he has with his unwillingness to limit his conversations to an appropriate amount of time. A lot of times he relies on his wife to pull him out of conversations that have gone over the acceptable social timeframe. Learn the groups’ tips and tricks on how to limit your conversation.
This led into a conversation about boundaries and appropriate tactics for addressing conflict in relationships. Learn how to keep hard conversations from becoming catastrophic events by regularly expressing grievances in a controlled manner. Keeping things in only leads to having harder conversations later.
Derek is given some amazing advice in this mastermind! You wont want to miss the references to Brene Brown’s book as the tips are very actionable. Listen in and learn some fantastic tips to manage your boundaries and communication in a variety of relationships.
- [01:16] Welcome back! Derek is in the hot seat on this episode.
- [02:18] Derek shares the topics he needs to mastermind.
- [03:06] What does Derek mean by wanting his “true” feelings to be known?
- [08:19] Does Derek have relationships where he can interact unfiltered?
- [10:54] What is guiding his interactions? What is his internal monologue?
- [14:37] Learn tips on how to exit a conversation.
- [22:48] We are back from the break and dive into boundaries, bad conversations, and medication.
- [27:02] When do the hard conversations happen and how often does Derek let things roll off of him?
- [33:23] How about creating weekly check-ins to establish a space to discuss conflict? And other great tips.
- [42:57] Learn how to get more time together with your spouse by using your resources when you have kids on the spectrum.
- [49:21] Use your body as a cue to protect your boundaries.
- [55:20] How Brene Brown approaches trust both for ourselves and others.
- [1:01:40] Always be aware of how you’re coming off to other people.
- [1:05:10] Roxie and Derek discuss work boundaries and their perceptions of a specific situation and how avoiding conflict creates a bigger story.
- [1:09:49] Derek speaks out his commitments for this mastermind and how he’ll stick to them.
- [1:12:48] If you’re a regular listener, consider becoming a patron and click on our Patreon button at www.ADHDreWired.com