Thank you for listening to this continuation of yesterday’s episode with your host Eric, and his guests Jessica, Erica, and Blake, with Natalie in the hot seat, continuing the discussion on how to build a business. Natalie is an Occupational Therapist and is looking to start her own practice but needs help from the mastermind on this episode of ADHD reWired.
Listen as the mastermind continues to give Natalie suggestions and feedback on her idea of starting a virtual and in-home Occupational Therapy Practice. Blake speaks about a book on marketing that he recommends, and Jessica thinks that Natalie should write out her vision statement and put it on her wall for encouragement.
Eric suggests that she get a website, and Jessica offers to set it up for her while Erica adds her insights into building a website. Eric suggests doing some SEO research to determine better her domain name and Blake discusses the niche group that Natalie wants to work with.
Natalie wants to have a cash-only business, but Eric suggests looking into a membership type business model. He says that when working with your core values, the energy for what you do will never falter. To close out, Natalie shares what she will commit to after she gets off this call and her goal for the next seven days.
- [02:28] Blake speaks about marketing and a book that Blake and Eric recommend.
- [03:08] Jessica speaks about Natalie writing her vision statement out and putting it on the wall.
- [04:57] Eric shares what he did to stay excited about starting his business.
- [06:52] Eric tells her she has to have a website.
- [07:39] Jessica says that she could do a website for Natalie.
- [09:25] Erica shares her views on a website.
- [11:42] Eric suggests doing SEO research and seeing what people are searching for when they look for an OT.
- [13:24] Blake discusses the niche group that Natalie wants to work with and her idea of mixing in-home and virtual therapies.
- [14:52] Jessica shares an idea she thought of around her YouTube channel.
- [16:55] Start looking for conferences that you can speak at.
- [17:56] Blake tells her to listen to a group he recommends.
- [20:23] Eric talks about being a student of social media when he first started his business.
- [26:46] Eric speaks about reading the book Profit First by Mike Michalowicz.
- [29:12] Blake shares something else for her garage.
- [31:24] Eric suggests building a membership community.
- [33:28] When you are working in your core values, you have unstoppable energy.
- [35:18] Listen as Natalie shares what she will commit to.
- [37:56] Natalie speaks about her goals for the next seven days.
- [39:38] Thank you for listening!
- [40:30] If you are a regular listener, consider becoming a patron, click on our Patreon tab at www.ADHDreWired.com