RSVP For Our Early Registration Event On October 25 And Save $150.
This Week’s Episode:
The man, the myth, the legend, David Giwerc joins me on this episode of the podcast. David is the president of the ADD Coach Academy. He is a global leader in coach training and education. ADD Coach Academy is the only comprehensive ADHD coach training program accredited by ICF and PAAC. His internationally recognized coaching practice is dedicated to empowering ADHD entrepreneurs and executives. David was recently inducted into the International CHADD Hall of Fame, and he received the coveted ADHD Coaches Organization Founders Award.
In this conversation, you will hear David share some of his expertise in coaching. He starts by explaining what coaching brings us as people with ADHD. He also describes what the purpose of ADHD coaching is, and maybe more importantly, what coaching is NOT. You’re also going to hear David describe one of his models, the “I Model.”
Connect with David Giwerc:
Website – ADDCA.com
- [08:01] – David describes ADHD coaching, and shares why this coaching is unique.
- [13:01] – “A really masterful coaching doesn’t need to know a single thing about the thing they’re coaching” is something that resounded with me.
- [15:13] – David and I share our thoughts on viewing ADHD as a gift.
- [21:40] – David explains it’s easier for him to transition from task to task. He shares a technique he thinks may help me.
- [26:25] – David says that perfectionism paralyzes progress. He also explains vision vs. revision and perfection vs. excellence.
- [29:56] – David talks about feeling emotionally right.
- [33:19] – I explain that our internal stories are like breathing. However, we can be mindful and control our inner voice.
- [42:43] – David describes the “I model.”
- [57:09] – David talks about accountability and responsibility.