Fall Season: Oct. 12 - Dec. 18
Registration is by invitation only. Click below to learn more.
This Week’s Episode:
Stephanie Sammons joins me on this episode of the podcast. Stephanie is a certified financial planner, the founder of Sammons Wealth, an independent wealth management firm. Stephanie is also a best-selling author, speaker, and recording singer-songwriter. Stephanie was a member of our most recent ADHD reWired Coaching and Accountability Group. Stephanie’s songs go right to the heart of what a lot of us are feeling on a regular basis.
In this conversation, you will hear an interesting mixture of music and money! While wearing her certified financial planner hat, Stephanie talks about wealth and why money is such a complex issue for many of us. Stephanie believes the foundation for financial success is planning. She shares some tips for planning and describes the things you should be doing before investing. Stephanie also talks about her ADHD diagnosis, and she plays some of her incredible music that she has written.
Connect with Stephanie Sammons:
- [03:37] – Stephanie explains the meaning behind her song, Record Time.
- [04:18] – Stephanie performs the song.
- [06:34] – Stephanie elaborates further on the lyrics of the song.
- [07:44] – Stephanie was diagnosed at 43, and she explains what her life was like at that point in time.
- [10:13] – Stephanie plays “Who I Am,” which is a song about acceptance and redemption.
- [15:40] – Stephanie realized at the age of 15 that she is gay. She draws a parallel to ADHD and loving who you are.
- [19:33] – Being a financial planner and having ADHD is a pretty impressive accomplishment. Stephanie talks about this.
- [21:59] – Stephanie defines “wealth” and talks more about her career.
- [30:20] – Many of us find money to be boring and complex. Stephanie explains that many people take an apathetic approach to money.
- [31:39] – Stephanie talks about the importance of planning.
- [32:44] – Stephanie lists some questions a financial planner will ask you.
- [34:34] – According to Stephanie, you don’t know if you’re saving enough money until you know where you want to be and when you want to retire.
- [39:43] – Stephanie shares an action step for financial planning, automation.
- [42:56] – Stephanie explains what an index fund is.
- [45:09] – Before you start thinking about investing, there are other things you should do. Stephanie tells you how to lay the groundwork.
- [47:38] – Stephanie talks about the larger purchase in life.
- [51:18] – The best advice Stephanie ever received was, “Don’t use credit cards.”
- [52:58] – We talk about college and the climbing costs.
- [55:00] – Stephanie talks about the “buckets” you should start saving in.
- [59:29] – Stephanie describes her ideal client.