This Week’s Episode:
This episode is the recording of October’s live Q&A. These Q&A sessions take place the second Tuesday of every month. The questions answered in this episode were submitted by listeners of this podcast, both ahead of time and live. I am joined on this episode by Brendan Mahan.
In this conversation, you will hear us answer several questions. We talk about productivity tips, techniques, and resources. We also talk about follow-through and scheduling. A few of the questions are big-picture. Deborah has a partner with ADHD, and she feels frustrated by the same characteristics that she’s had in the past. Another listener asks how to handle a partner that sees an ADHD diagnosis as a stigma. We received lots of great questions, and I’d love to answer your question in our November live Q&A.
- [03:50] – Daniel asks for tips for writing notes during conversations.
- [11:02] – Deborah shares that her partner has ADHD and she is feeling frustration with the characteristics he’s exhibiting.
- [18:42] – Jordan asks about setting up accountability when living alone.
- [24:17] – Marisol has trouble with putting away clothes. She asks for suggestions in this area.
- [30:17] – Brendan states that he plans to launch his podcast in mid-November.
- [39:25] – Janice asks for recommendations for calendars and to-do lists.
- [47:33] – Laura asks for tips refocusing after feeling emotionally sensitive.
- [50:44] – Nick wonders how to avoid getting derailed for an entire day when one aspect of the plan goes wrong.
- [54:04] – Melissa gets hyper-focused on things, but does not follow through. She wonders how to screen herself to determine if something is a good idea or a whim.
- [1:02:04] – We answer a question on making time for meditation.
- [1:02:55] – A listener asks a question about managing money.
- [1:05:02] – Jos asks about scheduling projects with other people.
- [1:09:10] – I share tips on accomplishing a full reset.
- [1:10:24] – Brendan shares some thoughts on a partner that sees a diagnosis as a stigma.