Today’s episode is our monthly Q & A session with guests Brendan Mahan and Will Curb. We are taking questions from you the listener about situations that you want to talk through. It doesn’t matter if it’s personal or professional, we are here to give you our perspective and see if we can help you find some answers.
We are discussing time blindness and why people don’t allow themselves enough time to get where they are going without being late. Ways to remind ourselves what we need to take with us before we are in the car and strategies to help teenagers understand time restrictions.
Eric, Brendan, and Will talk about the different types of behavior therapy and compare DBT for ADHD and CBT. The unknowns with CBD because it isn’t regulated, the connection between ADHD and sleeplessness plus some strategies that might help you get some rest. Reducing screen time before bed is essential so we can shut down our brains and let them take a break from information gathering.
Our monthly Q & A sessions are a great way for us to talk to listeners and hash out things they are wondering about. If you have a question, please feel free to email us at ADHDRewired.com, and we will try to give suggestions on ways to handle whatever it is.
Listen in to this episode and see if the questions asked and answered are possibly things you have been wondering about. These entertaining friends can solve the pressing issues with an optimism that will leave you asking for more.
- [02:24] Welcome to the show Brendan and Will for our monthly Q & A.
- [03:45] Our listener asks a question about time blindness.
- [04:20] Have you been able to make any improvements? What strategies have you put in place, so you are on time?
- [06:10] Do you tell yourself something will take you ten minutes, but it takes much longer?
- [09:13] Have a plan for what to do when you get there if you are early.
- [11:30] Why do we only remember things when we are getting in the car to leave?
- [13:02] How do we remind ourselves much earlier? What can I use to jog my mind before?
- [23:29] What are some strategies to use when teens with ADHD that have time blindness?
- [28:12] Making things much worse than they are, magnifying things. A listener wants approaches to stop doing this.
- [37:95] Ryan asks, how well does DBT work with ADHD compared to CBT?
- [42:26] They discuss CBD oil for sleep and to relax muscles.
- [45:41] ADHD and lack of sleep seem to go hand in hand and strategies that can help. Eric gives examples of what he had to do at his house.
- [54:27] A listener asks about reducing screen time and what counts as screen time.
- [01:01:04] If you’re a regular listener, consider becoming a patron and on our Patreon at www.ADHDreWired.com