Registration is by invitation only. Click below to learn more.
Justin Classen returns to the podcast for this episode. He previously appeared on Episode #195. Justin learned that he has ADHD in April 2017. Since then, he has been devoting himself to a journey of acceptance and developing a true sense of awareness. Prior to his diagnosis, Justin would describe his life as a seemingly endless series of impulsive catastrophes. Since he was last on the podcast, Justin continues to make tons of progress and positive changes in his life from improving his health, getting control of his finances, and being more organized. Justin is here to share the message that if he can do it, so can you.
“You know you have ADHD when you set reminders to set reminders.” The progress that Justin has made since our last discussion is impressive, and in this conversation, you will hear him describe the strategies he has implemented and the results he’s experienced. One area that Justin is struggling with is readjusting to home life after a week away for work. We discuss some ways he could transition between those two worlds.
- [02:43] – Justin describes his life since he was on the podcast over a year ago.
- [03:21] – Justin explains the type of work he does.
- [05:15] – When discussing his progress, Justin emphasizes how vital medication is.
- [06:34] – We all experience setbacks, and Justin describes how he recovers from these situations.
- [07:32] – Justin tells us how he avoids misplacing his wallet, keys, and phone.
- [08:36] – Having clocks and timers in various locations helps Justin stay on track with appointments and tasks.
- [09:56] – Justin talks about some of the pleasant surprises he’s experienced since his diagnosis. One is the repairing of relationships, and he explains how he fixed these.
- [19:57] – Justin says these high-energy and impulsive tendencies are still there. He shares how he keeps those things in check.
- [22:32] – Justin talks about his self-care.
- [27:04] – Justin has a strange schedule with seven days away from home and then seven days at home. He talks about his struggles with juggling those two different routines.
- [29:46] – Audiobooks are something that Justin has been enjoying recently. He shares how the books he is listening to are helping him work through things.
- [33:14] – Justin talks about giving back to the ADHD community. He would like to do something that’s more interactive and intuitive.
- [41:28] – Meditation is something Justin is curious about. I share some tips on meditation and mindfulness for Justin, who is a very physically active person.
- [45:12] – Justin talks about keeping track of the positive things he’s doing for himself.
- [47:58] – Justin asks about molding his home life and work life together.