Early Registration: January 23 - February 15, 2018
This Week’s Episode:
Justin Classen joins me on this episode. Justin is 27-years-old, and a whirlwind of intense, hyper-active energy, born, raised and distracted in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. He received a diagnosis of ADHD only 9-months ago. However, this diagnosis was prolonged by two years, due to lapses in memory to actually attend his evaluation. Considered a “jack of all trades” by those who know him, Justin has found success in a multitude of endeavors, and an acceptance in a profound number of failed ones. Justin is currently maximizing his energy and investing into his careers as a journeyman, industrial scaffolder, exotic dancer, as well as a music producer and nightclub DJ.
In this conversation, you will hear Justin talk about his life before and after his ADHD diagnosis, 9-months ago. Justin says that his ADHD diagnosis gave him confidence at work. He describes how his diagnosis and medication have impacted his work as a journeyman on scaffolding. Justin is a man of many interests and passions, and I think you will enjoy this conversation and glimpse into Justin’s life.
Connect with Justin Classen:
- [05:27] – Justin talks about his life before his ADHD diagnosis. He shares how he felt he was losing his identity.
- [07:12] – Justin describes his childhood and schooling.
- [09:14] – Justin shares how he “discovered” ADHD.
- [10:42] – Justin explains the ADHD evaluation process in Canada.
- [14:55] – Justin describes his work as a journeyman working on scaffolding.
- [16:42] – Justin says that working after his diagnosis gave him confidence.
- [19:18] – Justin talks about some of the risky behavior he engaged in prior to his diagnosis.
- [22:19] – Justin explains what a journeyman is.
- [24:25] – Justin shares how he became an exotic dancer.
- [29:46] – Justin talks about his current interest in computer processing and building his own instruments.
- [32:08] – We talk about MIDI.
- [33:27] – Justin describes his career as a DJ.
- [38:41] – Now that he has been diagnosed, Justin shares that he needs to go back and review his past.
- [40:10] – Impulsivity is something that Justin is still struggling with.
- [42:45] – We talk about fidget items and the need for them.
- [44:04] – Justin shares that he does not get restful sleep.
- [47:31] – Justin looks to the future.