Today’s episode is our monthly Q & A session with guests Jessica McCabe and Brendan Mahan. We are taking questions from you the listener about situations that you want to talk through. It doesn’t matter if it’s personal or professional, we are here to give you our perspective and see if we can help you find some answers.
Our questions today are about being overly sensitive to rejection, how to know the difference between essential tasks versus important ones, and everything in between. We also talked about the different types of medicine and how your dose might need to be tweaked to find what works best for you.
Please note that when we discuss medications, we can only address personal experience. Anytime you have been prescribed a drug, you should reach out to your provider regarding your symptoms and experiences. Not all medications are useful for all people. There are a variety of options, and you’ll need individual help to determine which medicines are right for you.
We covered a wide range of topics, and we provide some creative takeaways no matter what stage you’re in with your diagnosis. Listen in as we not only discuss your questions but also the struggle we still have dealing with our ADHD.
- Parenting Manifesto by Brene Brown
- The One Thing by Gary Keller
- ADHD Essentials Podcast with Brendan Mahan
- How to ADHD with Jessica McCabe
- Hacking Your ADHD with William Curb
- Timetimer Applications
- [02:13] Welcome to the show Jessica and Brendan for our monthly Q & A.
- [03:13] Listen to find out if people with ADHD are more sensitive to rejection.
- [08:20] They chat about why you feel like having ADHD is the reason for everything.
- [12:31] Is age 12 too late to ADHD medicine?
- [13:19] They discuss why looking for a and not having a schedule can really mess with how you deal with your ADHD.
- [23:18] Learning about and acceptance of ADHD are two of the best strategies you can have.
- [32:11] Is being on time hard for you? Do you like having to beat the clock?
- [40:05] How do you identify the things that are a priority to complete?
- [49:24] They talk about how ADHD can sometimes make you feel like a failure as a parent.
- [55:01] When your child is unloading and frustrated might not be the time to discuss them embracing their ADHD.
- [57:08] What is the best way to limit adults with ADHD usage on devices?
- [01:02:30] Thank you to the listeners for submitting the questions for today’s show.
- [01:03:43] If you’re a regular listener, consider becoming a patron and on our Patreon at www.ADHDreWired.com