Fall Season: Oct. 12 - Dec. 18
Registration is by invitation only. Click below to learn more.
This Week’s Episode:
Shauna Heron joins me on this episode. Shauna is a wedding photographer, entrepreneur, mom, world traveler, game streamer, techno-nerd who just recently found out that she has ADHD. After 44 years, Shauna was researching information to support her 7-year old son with ADHD; she started to have that sneaking suspicion that she had found the answer to her life-long question, “What the (bleep) is wrong with me?!”
In this discussion, you will hear Shauna’s interesting and unique life story. She talks about her childhood, her involvement in the punk scene, and running away as a teenager. She had an interest in technology, which led to a well-paying job before she decided to move to Europe. Shauna details her addiction to hard drugs and what the recover process looked like for her. This is a fascinating story, and I am excited to share it with you.
Connect with Shauna Heron:
Website – http://shaunaheron.com
- [05:25] – I share the bio I wrote for Shauna’s introduction.
- [06:42] – Shauna starts by talking about her childhood, not fitting in, finding “her people,” and running away from home as a teenager.
- [11:23] – Shauna talks about her job at the age of 18 and deciding she wanted to move to Europe.
- [13:38] – Shauna describes moving in with a friend that was struggling with a heroin addiction. She talks about her first time using hard drugs. We talk about the seriousness of heroin and other hard drugs.
- [17:29] – Shauna talks about what prompted her to stop doing these drugs.
- [19:35] – Shauna describes her life in Holland and living on the streets. She tells the story of a police officer convincing her to move back to the US and completing her education.
- [23:50] – After finishing college and securing a job, Shauna purchased her first house.
- [25:38] – Shauna talks about walking away from her past and being able to move beyond situations.
- [26:42] – Shauna talks about streaming video games, making money from that, and its impact on her life.
- [33:52] – Shauna shares her experience with hiring a life coach.
- [35:53] – We talk about the shame we can feel when it comes to video games.
- [39:38] – Shauna explains how video games can be an outlet for community.
- [49:08] – We discuss a Maya Angelou quote.
- [52:43] – Shauna talks about her “superpower” and how her past has made her who she is.
- [55:04] – Shauna shares her AA 12-step experience. The recovery process can vary for each person, and it involves a lot of luck.