I can help your child with...
- Understanding ADHD
- Understanding Autism / Aspergers
- Executive Functioning
- Organizational Skills
- Study Skills
- Managing Emotions
- Developing Self-Awareness about strengths and challenges
- Developing Self-Advocacy Skills
- Developing skills to manage stress and anxiety
- Making and Keeping Friends
- Social Skills
- Problem Solving
A few strategies for your child...
- Stay near (but not next to) an adult or by other kids
- Look at the other child, assertively say, "Stop!", "Back off!", or "Leave me alone!", and then turn and walk towards other people.
- Don't say something mean back
- If a classmate tells you to stop doing something, Stop.
- Watch kids who seem to be liked by others. What do they do?
Figuring out and knowing someone else's intentions requires a sophisticated level of social understanding and awareness including:
- Knowledge or memory of the person
- Contextual awareness
- Ability to read nuanced and often subtle facial expressions and body language
Supporting parents of children with special needs and learning differences
- Parent behavior training
- Education on diagnosis (ADHD, Autism, Asperger’s)
- Parent coaching
- Behavioral consultation
- Collaborative problem solving
Is your child or teen strugging with...
- Executive functioning
- Schoolwork & organization
- Time management
- Study skills
- Social skills
- Reading social cues
- Mental flexibility
- Daily living skills